(Although this change log is being released to the public. Battalion 1944 is still only available to those who have purchased Alpha Access.)
Thanks to all those that took part in Alpha v0.1 was greatly successful, we had hours of fun fragging with you guys on the servers and we’re looking forward to Alpha v0.2. Since Alpha 0.1 we’ve internally outlined some major issues from your feedback that we need to get fixed. New features aren't added overnight and bugs have to be prioritised based on their severity. So don’t expect everything to be magically fixed and/or implemented in Alpha 0.2!
Battalion 1944 is still very much in it’s early Alpha testing phases. The time we left between v0.1 and V0.2 has meant we have been able to fix a fair few issues as well as adding a few new features. We really appreciate all of your patience with us as we’ve been working really hard to add as much as we can to make the wait worthwhile for you all!
We saw how much you all enjoyed Battalion in Alpha v0.1 so we are hoping you enjoy it even more in v0.2!
Alpha v0.2 Dates and Server Times:
Alpha v0.2, Session 1, Launch date: 14/07/17.
Session 1, Start times (approx): 18:00 (BST), 13:00 (EDT), 10:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.2 Session 1, Close date: 15/07/17.
Session 1, End times (approx): 08:00 (BST), 03:00 (EDT), 00:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.2, Session 2, Launch date: 15/07/17.
Session 2, start times (approx): 18:00 (BST), 13:00 (EDT), 10:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.2, Session 2, Close date: 16/07/17.
Session 2, Close times (approx): 08:00 (BST), 03:00 (EDT), 00:00 (PDT)
Alpha V0.2 Changelog:
- ManorHouse_v2 implemented -
We’ve made massive changes to the Manorhouse layout on the ‘B long’ lane next to the B bombsite overlook barn. We did this to encourage a smoother flow around that side of the map as well as adding more aggressive and defensive options when playing around that site, ready for the future implementation of our own competitive Search and Destroy styled game mode.
- Movement speed in every stance reduced by 30% across the board.
- Strafe jump distance reduced by 25%.
- Changed prone animation to be more in line with CoD 1/2/4 in order to combat drop-shotting.
- Slower transition to prone.
- Prone rotation arc distance reduced.
- 1st person & 3rd person lean distance increased.
- Changed lean move speed to feel more natural.
- Vault lag bug fixed.
- Prone block implemented -
We’ve implemented a way to remove the frustration of an old school pain - ‘prone block’. There should no longer be a situation where you want to go prone but can’t. Your player model will move to adjust to the environment around it. We’d like to hear your feedback on this feature!
New items added:
- Shotgun (Trenchgun) added for both the American & German factions -
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new addition to the game.
- Weapon FOV scaling.
- MP40 iron sight fixes.
- Fixed knife collaterals.
- Knife range decreased.
- Pistols no longer 1 shot headshot at long ranges.
- Pistol damage & range reduced.
- Pistol equips faster.
- Pistol model sizes increased.
- Added weapon animation replay on the tapping of change weapon button.
- Grenade tumble animation added.
- Grenade behaviour simplified -
- Removed sparks & dust from footprints.
- Less jerky animations across the board.
- M1 Garand recoil animation improvements -
- Mouse acceleration OFF by default.
- Improved stability through some minor optimisations.
- Server browser fixes (still requires an Alpha weekend to be sure!).
- FOV scaling on the weapon.
- Player name sticking fixed.
- Round end crashes fixed.
- Key binds available to change within menu
- General Collision Improved
Good luck and Remember our Alpha NDA is still in place so please stick to it! Please only speak about Alpha in the dedicated channels which are the Alpha Discord & Alpha Test Zone Forum or directly to developers.
Thanks guys and see you all on the 14th!