(Although this change log is being released to the public. Battalion 1944 is still only available to those who have purchased Alpha Access)
I want to start out with a big thanks to everyone that play tested Alpha v0.2. It was really successful and it was great to see so many people playing and enjoying Battalion. We had even more players than we expected so we hope you jump back in for V0.3 and take a look at some of the improvements we’ve implemented.
This Alpha contains quite a few weapon tweaks so we are really interested to hear your feedback on these. Internally we have outlined some issues from your feedback that we have worked towards getting fixed.
Thanks for your patience with us as we’ve been working really hard to add as much as we can to make the wait worthwhile for you all! We saw how much you all enjoyed Battalion in Alpha v0.2 so we are hoping you enjoy it even more in v0.3!
Alpha v0.2 Dates and Server Times:
Alpha v0.3, Session 1, Launch date: 18/08/17
Session 1, Start times (approx): 18:00 (BST), 13:00 (EDT), 10:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.3, Session 1, Close date: 19/08/17
Session 1, End times (approx): 08:00 (BST), 03:00 (EDT), 00:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.3, Session 2, Launch date: 19/08/17
Session 2, Start times (approx): 18:00 (BST), 13:00 (EDT), 10:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.3, Session 2, Close date: 20/07/17
Session 2, End times (approx): 08:00 (BST), 03:00 (EDT), 00:00 (PDT)
Alpha v0.3 Changelog
- ManorHouse_v3 implemented -
We’ve made a few changes to our ManorHouse map. We added a new courtyard area between the A & B bomb sites. This is to make the map a little bigger and add other avenues for combat. Other changes implemented into ManorHouse_v3 include improved foliage & trees to allow for better visibility and improved grenade collision.
- Strafe jump distance slightly reduced.
- Introduced recoil patterns for certain automatic weapons.
- Increased muzzle flash for all weapons.
- General performance tweaks to increase FPS.
- Improved grenade markers
- [EXPERIMENTAL] "Join game" through Steam friends
- [EXPERIMENTAL] "Invite friends to game" through Steam.
- Team balance -
We have fixed the bug where you were unable to join a team with more players than the other. (Auto balance planned coming in a future update).
New items added:
- M1 Carbine for American faction.
- Gewehr 43 for German faction.
Weapons Changes:M1 Garand:
- M1 Garand Animation Tweaked.
- M1 Garand Recoil Slightly Increased.
- Thompson Animation Tweaks.
- Thompson Recoil Pattern Added.
- Thompson Damage Slightly Increased.
- Thompson Size & Hand placement adjusted.
- MP40 Animation Tweaks.
- MP40 Recoil Pattern Added.
- MP40 Damage Slightly Increased.
- MP40 Size & Hand placement adjusted.
- M1911 & Luger Animation Tweaks.
- M1911 & Luger Accuracy Increased.
- M1911 & Luger Size & Hand placement adjusted for better accuracy.
- M1911 & Luger Equip Speed Increased.
- M1911 & Luger Muzzle Flash Decreased.
- Footstep sound radius increased on all surfaces.
- Aim down sight volume reduced on all weapons.
- M1 Garand firing sound changed.
- Thompson firing sound changed.
- MP40 firing sound changed.
- General Network Improvements.
- Removed the rocket jump bug (Thanks for finding and reproducing Dark!).
- Numerous fixes applied from Alpha v0.2.
Good luck and Remember our Alpha NDA is still in place so please stick to it! Please only speak about Alpha in the dedicated channels e.g. Alpha Discord & Alpha Test Zone Forum or directly to developers.
Thanks guys and see you all on the 18th!